½ Cup Sugar
½ Cup Classico Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Tsp Dry Active Yeast
2 Cups of Flour
A pinch of salt flakes
Confectioner’s sugar (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the sugar and egg in a bowl. Whisk together until a pale, well-combined, and slightly thick mixture forms.
- Keep whisking as you pour in the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add the dry active yeast and flour, mixing with a spatula. Add the salt, mix, and prepare to assemble.
- Place a teaspoon of mix onto a corner of the baking sheet. Repeat until you’ve used up all of the dough, making sure to leave at least 2 inches between each biscuit (use two separate trays if necessary).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and firm. Cool on a wire rack and top with a light dusting of confectioner’s sugar.