This is probably one of the most popular recipes for native Italians. Quick yet delicious, it takes only 6-7 minutes to cook the pasta, and the ‘sauce’ is ready in less than half that time.
- 400g spaghetti
- 200ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- A large handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, Salt
Step by step
- Put plenty of water in a saucepan, add the salt, bring to the boil and throw in the pasta. Stir, then cook for about 5-6 minutes, until nearly done.
- Meanwhile, heat the Olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a low heat. Fry the garlic for 1-2 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon to mix the garlic flavor with the Olive the oil. Add 2 tbsp of water to the pan and stir in the chilli and parsley. Season with salt and cook for 3 minutes, mixing occasionally.
- The pasta will be ready and al dente in those few minutes. Drain it well and mix it in with the `sauce', adding a little salt and, if needed, 1-2 tablespoons of the cooking water. Stir a couple of times and serve.