Unfortunately, an open cooking fire isn’t always readily available. So for this recipe, we’re recreating that smokey-campfire magic from within your own kitchen. These oven-roasted peppers pair wonderfully with fresh burrata and a splash of Riserva extra virgin.
Watch the video of our chef creating the full recipe on our instagram or facebook.
2 Bell Peppers
½ Fresh Burrata (large size)
Salt & Pepper
Riserva Extra Virgin Olive Oil (to taste)
1 Handful of Hazelnuts, Minced
1. Preheat the oven to 356°F.
2. Wash the two peppers and place them on a baking tray, whole (without any seasoning or olive oil). Roast until tender and the skin has blackened, a process that takes between one and two hours, depending on your oven.
3. Let the peppers cool down slightly and then carefully peel them, trying not to tear the vegetable.
4. With the same care, slice the roasted pepper into 2-inch wide slivers, removing the stem and all the seeds. Lay the slices out on a serving dish.
5. Tear the burrata into chunks with your hands, placing the chunks roughly over the peppers. 5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Finish the dish with a splash of Riserva extra virgin olive oil and scatter some minced hazelnuts for a little crunch.